Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sundee

Today's Sundee as my folks from the south would call it. I'm currently working from home, on a use case for work. The deadline is tomorrow, so what choice do I have, right? The past week has been crazy with work and planning for Trent's birthday next week and all the celebrity deaths. I'd just like to say that the Michael Jackson death, for me, was a shock. I've always been a big Michael Jackson fan, growing up with his music, and despite all his legal issues I still consider him one of my favorite artists and definitely one of the most influential artists ever. I turned on CNN on Tuesday and saw the headline 'Michael Jackson Rushed to Hospital Following Cardiac Arrest' or something along those lines. I was glued to the tv until he was officially pronounced dead a few hours later. His death was untimely and honestly tragic, for his family, children, and fans. I'm not all crazy or crying or anything, but I'm very sad about it and for his family.

So anyway, Trent turns one year old in less than one week! It's exciting...I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday when we brought him home from the hospital. Now he's tall and heavy and pulling my hair at will. It's been an amazing experience. He's getting to where he's a little bit spoiled. If he's playing with something, anything, and one of us takes it away he freaks out and yells about it. We've been telling him 'No' lately but to no avail. This is harder than I thought. Lately he's been into being destructive. He rips all the movies from under the entertainment center, and his favorite game is knocking everything off the end tables. Holly and I like to sit in the living room and have dinner whilst watching some good ol' Office or 30 Rock. The baby ventures on over toward dad's side unnoticed and starts to just pull everything off the table. It sucks. It also creates a lot of unnecessary messes. When I pull him away, he cries for a while. I never thought a kid could be spoiled at one year old, but I was wrong. Anyway, his party is next week and we're excite! A lot of last-minute planning and stuff so I hope it goes well. If it doesn't, he won't remember, so who cares? Holly does. And she would punch me in the crotch if she heard me say that. Anyway, I'm excited my little guy is turning one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment